How to remove rust stains
Rust stains are reddish-brown stains that arise as a result of dissolved iron in your water. When the iron is exposed to oxygen, it reacts and forms iron oxide, and this is what gives it its colour. There may not be much you can do about the water that flows through your pipes, but you can still get rid of the rust discoloration with Harpic Germ and Stain Blaster.
To get started, you’ll need:
- A toilet brush
- Harpic Germ and Stain Blaster
And then simply follow the steps below:
- Before you start to tackle your rust stains, open any windows and doors to keep the room well ventilated.
- Press the sides of the cap on your Harpic Germ and Stain Blaster and twist counter-clockwise to open.
- Pour the liquid around the toilet bowl and onto the stain for a full, deep clean.
- Allow the liquid to spread and leave for 20 minutes.
Scrub the stain with the toilet brush and flush.
For regular toilet cleaning in the background, pop a Harpic Hygienic in your toilet. It cleans and prevents the build-up of stains with every flush and smells good too. Just clip it to the rim of the toilet where the water flows.
When the Harpic Hygienic product has dissolved, unclip it and throw it in the bin and replace with a new one.
Do not mix Harpic Germ & Stain blaster with any other product.